11GAUNZ Australia and New Zealand Experience
- 10 Nights / 11 Days
- 3 nights in Cairns, 3 nights in Sydney, 2 nights in Rotorua, and 2 nights in Auckland
- 10 nights of accommodations
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 2 lunches during touring in Cairns
- 1 lunch in Waitomo
- 1 dinner in Rotorua
- Sightseeing tours in air-conditioned coaches with English-speaking driver-guide
- Private transfers to / from the airport
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Porters at hotels
- Service and local taxes
- We guarantee tour operation with a minimum of two passengers
- Value Pricing starts at $3,667.00 per person
- First Class pricing starts at $4,105.00 per person
- All prices are based on exchange rates as of 10/23/08 and are subject to change until booked
- Single supplement rate available upon request
Day 1 - Arrive CairnsUpon arrival in Cairns, you will be met by ANZ Tours representative in Australia and transferred to your Cairns hotel for overnight. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure.
Day 2 - In CairnsThe ultimate Kuranda day experience is a trilogy of the old, the new and the ancient. You can experience two of the greatest mainland attractions in Far North Queensland.
Take the century-old Kuranda Scenic Railway on a spectacular journey through 34 kilometres of picture-postcard scenery. Your tour includes entry into the three main attractions in Kuranda: Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sancturary and Kuranda Koala Gardens. Enjoy a delicious lunch before free time is allowed to explore this Village in the Rainforest.Board the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. You will travel at treetop level along the world's longest gondola cableway. The gondola descends to the forest floor where guests can take a stroll through the rainforest on the boardwalk, or visit the interpretive centre to learn more about this unique World Heritage-listed environment.
Day 3 - In CairnsThe Great Barrier Reef is a living phenomenon. The reef's coloured branches sit upon banks of limestone polyps, which have been built up slowly over thousands of years from the seabed. Today you will be treated to a non-exclusive chartered cruise aboard Quicksilver. There are a variety of ways for you to view the beautiful Barrier Reef swimming, snorkelling, and underwater viewing platforms or take a ride in the semi-submersibles. In addition scuba diving and guided snorkelling expeditions will be available to those looking for more of an adventure. A tropical buffet lunch will be served aboard the cruise before returning to Port Douglas late afternoon.
Day 4 - Cairns - SydneyTransfer from your hotel to Cairns Airport and join your flight from Cairns to Sydney. FLIGHT NOT INCLUDED. Arrive Sydney and transfer to the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 5 - In Sydney - Morning City Sights TourEnjoy an unforgettable morning exploring the city sights of Sydney. See the famous icons of Sydney - the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, visit Mrs Macquarie's Chair, the lovely Botanical Gardens, see busy Chinatown and Darling Harbour, Kings Cross, exclusive area of Double Bay and the famous Bondi surf beach.
Day 6 - In SydneyFree day for Optional Tours
Day 7 - Sydney - AucklandYour time in Sydney is free until the transfer to the airport. You will be transferred to the airport in time for your international flight. FLIGHT NOT INCLUDED. On arrival at Auckland you will be met by the New Zealand resentative of ANZ Tours and transferred to your hotel. Auckland is New Zealand's largest city. It is the main point of entry for most overseas visitors and is well served with hotels and restaurants. The busy main street of the city is lined with shops, boutiques and businesses and some of the outlying suburbs are noted for the quality of the shopping.
DAY 8 - Auckland- Waitomo - RotoruaYou will be collected from your hotel for your tour to Waitomo and Rotorua.Travel through the rich dairying country of the Waikato arriving at Waitomo in time for lunch. The Waitomo Caves in the limestone hill country southwest of Hamilton are one of New Zealand's main tourist attractions. The caves are well known for their glowworms, which seemingly turn the roofs into a galaxy of stars. Undertake a guided tour of the world-famous Waitomo Glow-worm Grotto. This includes a silent boat ride on an underground river into a cavern spangled with radiant blue/green lights of thousands of tiny glow-worms. Striking limestone formations include the famous "Organ" and the lofty chamber called the "Cathedral". From Waitomo continue onto Rotorua arriving about 5.00pm.
Day 9 - In RotoruaVisitors from around the world have been coming to Rotorua since the 1880s. The city is best known for its thermal activity with geysers, mud pools, hot pools and steam vents providing spectacular sights. Thermal waters are used to treat ailments as well as provide bathing and relaxation. The tour coach will call for you for your tour of Rotorua. Visit the New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, here young Maori carvers are taught the skills of their ancestors, a guided tour shows you traditional crafts of flax weaving, wood and jade carving. Following this you will see pools of bubbling mud, spouting geysers, silica terraces and steam pouring out of vents at your feet, including lively Pohutu geyser that erupts up to 100 feet!
Following the visit to the thermal reserve it is off to Paradise Valley Springs for a guided tour of the freshwater spring full of rainbow and brown trout (underwater gallery for viewing) in their various stages of development. Also included is the Agrodome Show - a "must see" entertaining stage show starring sheep shearing, live sheep auction, cow milking (you try it!), feeding cute cuddly baby lambs and an outdoors sheep dog trial. This richly informative show gives you an animated insight into New Zealand farming. Return to the hotel by 12:30 with the rest of the day at leisure. This evening, attend a Maori hangi (feast) in your hotel. The food is cooked in the traditional Maori manner by natural steam in a pit in the earth. A wide selection of foods is generally provided including wild pork, lamb and sea foods. Dinner will be followed by a Maori Cultural performance, which includes many traditional action songs.
Day 10 - Rotorua - AucklandMorning at leisure. The coach will call for you early afternoon and you will travel back to Auckland via Matamata, centre of this large, dairying, cattle fattening and sheep-farming district. Passing through the busy rural town of Hamilton continue travelling north over the Bombay Hills into Auckland. You will be dropped off at your hotel by 6.00pm.
Day 11 - Depart AucklandYour time in Auckland is free until the transfer to the airport. You will be transferred to the airport in time for your international flight.
OPTIONAL TOURS AVAILABLE FROM SYDNEY
Canberra (Full Day) Departs DailySee Australia's majestic capital city, filled with national monuments, grand architectural features, modern museums and art galleries.
- Visit the modern, new National Museum. Discover the hands-on, interactive displays.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the billion dollar Parliament House.
- Wander through the Australian War Memorial at your leisure.
- Tour past the many diplomatic embassies and consulates of the nation's capital.
- Pass Lake Burley Griffin.
- See the National Library.
- View 'The Lodge', the Australian Prime Minister's official residence.
- Pass the High Court of Australia
Blue Mountains (Full Day) Departs DailyEnjoy breathtaking cliff-top views, lush rainforest gullies and towering waterfalls in this amazing World Heritage area. Pat a koala at the Wildlife Park.
- Visit the award-winning Featherdale Wildlife Park - pat a cuddly koala.
- See our amazing Australian animals including koalas, kangaroos, crocodiles, goannas and possums.
- Enjoy fantastic photo opportunities and the chance to feed and interact with the animals!
- Relax on a gentle bushwalk at Govetts Leap - breathtaking views from the lookouts.
- See the historic township of Katoomba.
- Take in the spectacular scenery of Jamison and Megalong Valley.
- Take a ride on the world's steepest railway - scenic railway*, the Skyway Cable Car*, or the new Sceniscender.
- See the Three Sisters rock formation.
- Discover the delightful village of Leura - explore the antique shops and boutiques. Visit the famous Leura Lolly shop.
- Travel through the site of the 2000 Olympic Games.
*Rides at the Scenic World are optional and at your own expense.
Hunter Valley (Full Day) Departs DailyAustralia's Hunter Valley is world-renowned for its wines. It is also an incredibly beautiful place to visit for a day or two. Learn to appreciate different wines and grape varieties, or simply sit back and enjoy a delightful food and wine experience.
- Cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Stop at historic Wollombi for complimentary morning tea.
- Wine tasting at world famous Lindemans.
- Enjoy the quaint village of the Hunter Valley Gardens.
- Increase your knowledge of wine with an 'Introduction to Wine Appreciation' course.
- Learn about styles, techniques and how to enjoy them and blend your own wine.
- See how wine is actually made, from the grapevine to the bottle.
- Enjoy an array of tasty platters, offering you a range of individual dishes for lunch.
- Wine Appreciation Certificate
- Walking Tour of Vineyard
- Walking Tour of the Winery
- Tasting Platter Lunch and Wine (Tasting / Tutorial)
- Presentation of Certificate