13IAUNZ Wonders of Australia and New Zealand
- 3 nights in Cairns, 3 nights in Sydney and 1 night in Christchurch,
- 4 nights in Queenstown and 1 night in Auckland 12 nights of accommodations
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 2 lunches during touring in Cairns
- 1 lunch during Mt Cook touring
- 1 lunch during Cruise on Milford Sound
- Sightseeing tours in air-conditioned coaches with English-speaking driver-guide
- Private transfers to / from the airport
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Porters at hotels
- Service and local taxes
- We guarantee tour operation with a minimum of two passengers
- Value Pricing starts at $4,524.00 per person
- First Class pricing starts at $5,141.00 per person
- All prices are based on exchange rates as of 10/23/08 and are subject to change until booked
- Single supplement rate available upon request
Day 1 - Arrive CairnsUpon arrival in Cairns, you will be met by ANZ Tours representative in Australia and transferred to your Cairns hotel for overnight. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure.
Day 2 - In CairnsThe ultimate Kuranda day experience is a trilogy of the old, the new and the ancient. You can experience two of the greatest mainland attractions in Far North Queensland.
Take the century-old Kuranda Scenic Railway on a spectacular journey through 34 kilometres of picture-postcard scenery. Your tour includes entry into the three main attractions in Kuranda: Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sancturary and Kuranda Koala Gardens. Enjoy a delicious lunch before free time is allowed to explore this Village in the Rainforest.Board the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. You will travel at treetop level along the world's longest gondola cableway. The gondola descends to the forest floor where guests can take a stroll through the rainforest on the boardwalk, or visit the interpretive centre to learn more about this unique World Heritage-listed environment.
Day 3 - In CairnsThe Great Barrier Reef is a living phenomenon. The reef's coloured branches sit upon banks of limestone polyps, which have been built up slowly over thousands of years from the seabed. Today you will be treated to a non-exclusive chartered cruise aboard Quicksilver. There are a variety of ways for you to view the beautiful Barrier Reef swimming, snorkelling, and underwater viewing platforms or take a ride in the semi-submersibles. In addition scuba diving and guided snorkelling expeditions will be available to those looking for more of an adventure. A tropical buffet lunch will be served aboard the cruise before returning to Port Douglas late afternoon.
Day 4 - Cairns - SydneyTransfer from hotel to Cairns Airport and join your flight from Cairns to Sydney. FLIGHT NOT INCLUDED. Arrive Sydney and transfer to the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 5 - In Sydney - Morning City Sights TourEnjoy an unforgettable morning exploring the city sights of Sydney. See the famous icons of Sydney the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, visit Mrs Macquaries Chair, the lovely Botanical Gardens, see busy Chinatown and Darling Harbour, Kings Cross, exclusive area of Double Bay and the famous Bondi surf beach.
Day 6 - IN SYDNEYFree day for Optional Tours
Day 7 - SYDNEY - CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALANDYour time in Sydney is free until the transfer to the airport. You will be transferred to the airport in time for your international flight. FLIGHT NOT INCLUDED. On arrival in Christchurch you will be met by your New Zealand ANZ Tours representative who will assist with your transfer to your hotel. Visitors find Christchurch a charming city, modelled in the English style. The River Avon meanders through the city and its banks provide a popular lunchtime retreat. Cathedral Square is a place to relax and take in the proportions of the stone-built Cathedral.
Day 8 - Christchurch - Mount Cook - QueenstownThe Tour coach will call for you at your hotel this morning. Depart Christchurch travelling south across the checker-board farmlands and sheep pastures of the Canterbury Plains and through the farming communities of Ashburton, Geraldine and Fairlie before climbing through Burke's Pass into the McKenzie Country to Lake Tekapo, a vast mirror reflecting the majestic mountain panorama. Before leaving Tekapo visit the simple stone Church of the Good Shepherd, built in 1935 as a memorial to the pioneer runholders of the McKenzie Country. Shortly follow the western shoreline of Lake Pukaki to Mount Cook. The scene is a paradox of wild beauty and forbidding solitude - pale blue lake and golden tussock contrasting with the snow-capped alps. Lunch is included at the Hermitage Hotel. It is recommended that you take advantage of an optional (at an additional cost) 40-minute scenic flight over Mt Cook and the Southern Alps by ski-equipped aircraft with the highlight of a ski landing on the Tasman Glacier - a never-to-be-forgotten experience. Arrive in Queenstown late afternoon where you will be set down at your hotel.
Day 9 - QueenstownFree day for optional tours in this the adventure capital of the world.
Day 10 - Excursion to Milford Sound(COACH/CRUISE/FLY)
Depart from Queenstown in the morning and travel around lakes and through farming communities until you reach the stunning mountain scenery of the Fiordland National Park.. The road then enters the Hollyford Valley and climbs to the 1200 metre long Homer Tunnel before descending into Milford Sound. On arrival join the launch for a cruise on Milford Sound. This fiord was created during an ice age and knifes out to sea with native forests and sheer cliffs rising from the waterway to heights of several thousand feet. Lunch is included during the cruise. After the cruise transfer the short distance to the airfield to join your light aircraft for the scenic flight back to Queenstown.
3:40 PM - Depart from Milford Sound. The view from the aircraft is spectacular as you ascend beside the precipitous mountains, which surround the Sound. Passing over a portion of the famed Milford track you will see Lakes Ada and Quill and the highest waterfall in New Zealand - the Sutherland Falls.
4:30 PM - Arrive at Queenstown Airport from where you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 11 - QueenstownFree day for Optional Tours
Day 12 - Queenstown - AucklandYou will be transferred to the airport in time for your flight to Auckland. On arrival in Auckland, you will be met and transferred to your accommodation. Auckland is New Zealand's largest city. The city is built around more than 60 volcanoes, with the most dominant being Rangitoto Island in the middle of the harbour. The city is built around the water and many fine restaurants have wonderful sea views.
Day 13 - Depart AucklandYour time in Auckland is free until the transfer to the airport in time for your International Flight.
Optional Tours Available from Sydney
Canberra (Full Day) Departs DailySee Australia's majestic capital city, filled with national monuments, grand architectural features, modern museums and art galleries.
- Visit the modern, new National Museum. Discover the hands-on, interactive displays.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the billion dollar Parliament House.
- Wander through the Australian War Memorial at your leisure.
- Tour past the many diplomatic embassies and consulates of the nation's capital.
- Pass Lake Burley Griffin.
- See the National Library.
- View 'The Lodge', the Australian Prime Minister's official residence.
- Pass the High Court of Australia
Blue Mountains (Full Day) Departs DailyEnjoy breathtaking cliff-top views, lush rainforest gullies and towering waterfalls in this amazing World Heritage area. Pat a koala at the Wildlife Park.
- Visit the award-winning Featherdale Wildlife Park - pat a cuddly koala.
- See our amazing Australian animals including koalas, kangaroos, crocodiles, goannas and possums.
- Enjoy fantastic photo opportunities and the chance to feed and interact with the animals!
- Relax on a gentle bushwalk at Govetts Leap - breathtaking views from the lookouts.
- See the historic township of Katoomba.
- Take in the spectacular scenery of Jamison and Megalong Valley.
- Take a ride on the world's steepest railway - scenic railway*, the Skyway Cable Car*, or the new Sceniscender.
- See the Three Sisters rock formation.
- Discover the delightful village of Leura - explore the antique shops and boutiques. Visit the famous Leura Lolly shop.
- Travel through the site of the 2000 Olympic Games.
*Rides at the Scenic World are optional and at your own expense.
Hunter Valley (Full Day) Departs DailyAustralia's Hunter Valley is world-renowned for its wines. It is also an incredibly beautiful place to visit for a day or two. Learn to appreciate different wines and grape varieties, or simply sit back and enjoy a delightful food and wine experience.
- Cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Stop at historic Wollombi for complimentary morning tea.
- Wine tasting at world famous Lindemans.
- Enjoy the quaint village of the Hunter Valley Gardens.
- Increase your knowledge of wine with an 'Introduction to Wine Appreciation' course.
- Learn about styles, techniques and how to enjoy them and blend your own wine.
- See how wine is actually made, from the grapevine to the bottle.
- Enjoy an array of tasty platters, offering you a range of individual dishes for lunch.
- Wine Appreciation Certificate
- Walking Tour of Vineyard
- Walking Tour of the Winery
- Tasting Platter Lunch and Wine (Tasting / Tutorial)
- Presentation of Certificate
Optional Tours Available from Queenstown
Walter Peak Evening Dining (4 hours) Departs DailyNo visit to Queenstown is complete without a visit to Walter Peak high country sheep & cattle station. Depart Queenstown at 6.00pm for a 40 minute cruise aboard the 1912 vintage Steamship TSS Earnslaw on scenic Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak.
- Watch the sun set over spectacular Mountains and enjoy the tranquillity of the cruise aboard the gracious old Lady of the Lake.
- Prior to dinner at Walter Peak, you'll have ample time to inspect the Colonel's Homestead with its beautiful furniture & antiques.
- Soak up the atmosphere of the established gardens & the magnificent setting of Beach Bay.
- A chance to see sheep dogs in action & the opportunity to view the sheep & the Scottish Highland cattle at close quarters.
- There is time for a pre-dinner drink (own cost) in the Colonel's Bar before being tempted by a superb three course carvery dinner served from a buffet in the Colonel's House.
- During the return to Queenstown, listen to the pianist play a few old favourites from yesteryear, making this a very pleasurable experience amidst the warm and comfortable surroundings.