9ECASAU Australian Highlights
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- 3 nights in Cairns, 1 night in Ayers Rock, 1 night in Alice Springs and 3 nights in Sydney
- 8 nights of accommodations
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 2 lunches during touring in Cairns
- Sightseeing tours in air-conditioned coaches with English-speaking driver-guide
- Private transfers to / from the airport
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Service and local taxes
- Value Pricing starts at $2,530.00 per person
- First Class pricing starts at $2,955.00 per person
- All prices are based on exchange rates as of 10/23/08 and are subject to change until booked
- Single supplement rate available upon request
Day 1 - Arrive CairnsUpon arrival in Cairns, you will be met by ANZ Tour's representative in Australia and transferred to your Cairns hotel. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure.
Day 2 - In Cairns - KurandaThe ultimate Kuranda day experience is a trilogy of the old, the new and the ancient. You can experience two of the greatest mainland attractions in Far North Queensland. Take the century-old Kuranda Scenic Railway on a spectacular journey through 34 kilometres of picture-postcard scenery. Your tour includes entry into the three main attractions in Kuranda: Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sancturary and Kuranda Koala Gardens. Enjoy a delicious lunch before free time is allowed to explore this Village in the Rainforest. Board the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for your journey to Caravonica Lakes. You will travel at treetop level along the world's longest gondola cableway. The gondola descends to the forest floor where guests can take a stroll through the rainforest on the boardwalk, or visit the interpretive centre to learn more about this unique World Heritage-listed environment.
Day 3 - In Cairns - Great Barrier ReefThe Great Barrier Reef is a living phenomenon. The reef's coloured branches sit upon banks of limestone polyps, which have been built up slowly over thousands of years from the seabed. Today you will be treated to a non-exclusive chartered cruise aboard Quicksilver. There are a variety of ways for you to view the beautiful Barrier Reef - swimming, snorkelling, and underwater viewing platforms or take a ride in the semi-submersibles. In addition scuba diving and guided snorkelling expeditions will be available to those looking for more of an adventure. A tropical buffet lunch will be served aboard the cruise before returning to Port Douglas late afternoon and then back to Cairns
Day 4 - Cairns - Ayers RockTransfer from hotel to Cairns Airport and join your flight from Cairns to Ayers Rock. FLIGHT NOT INCLUDED.
Arrive Ayers Rock and transfer to the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 5 - Ayers Rock - Alice SpringsTransfer from hotel to Ayers Rock Airport and join your flight from Ayers Rock to Alice Springs. FLIGHT NOT INCLUDED.
Arrive Alice Springs and transfer to the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 6 - Alice Springs - SydneyTransfer from hotel to Cairns Airport and join your flight from Cairns to Sydney. FLIGHT NOT INCLUDED.
Arrive Sydney and transfer to the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 7 - In SydneyAfternoon city sights tour.
Your afternoon tour captures the essence of Sydney with a tour of the major Sydney highlights before wandering along world famous Bondi Beach. See the city's downtown precincts, the historic Rocks area, the bohemian and vibrant Kings Cross, sandy white eastern beaches and affluent harbourside suburbs in just one afternoon. The tour concludes on return to your hotel.
Day 8 - In SydneyFree day for Optional Tours
Day 9 - Depart SydneyYour time in Sydney is free until the transfer to the airport. You will be transferred to the airport in time for your international flight.
OPTIONAL TOURS AVAILABLE FROM SYDNEY
Canberra (Full Day) Departs DailySee Australia's majestic capital city, filled with national monuments, grand architectural features, modern museums and art galleries.
- Visit the modern, new National Museum. Discover the hands-on, interactive displays.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the billion dollar Parliament House.
- Wander through the Australian War Memorial at your leisure.
- Tour past the many diplomatic embassies and consulates of the nation's capital.
- Pass Lake Burley Griffin.
- See the National Library.
- View 'The Lodge', the Australian Prime Minister's official residence.
- Pass the High Court of Australia
Blue Mountains (Full Day) Departs DailyEnjoy breathtaking cliff-top views, lush rainforest gullies and towering waterfalls in this amazing World Heritage area. Pat a koala at the Wildlife Park.
- Visit the award-winning Featherdale Wildlife Park - pat a cuddly koala.
- See our amazing Australian animals including koalas, kangaroos, crocodiles, goannas and possums.
- Enjoy fantastic photo opportunities and the chance to feed and interact with the animals!
- Relax on a gentle bushwalk at Govetts Leap - breathtaking views from the lookouts.
- See the historic township of Katoomba.
- Take in the spectacular scenery of Jamison and Megalong Valley.
- Take a ride on the world's steepest railway - scenic railway*, the Skyway Cable Car*, or the new Sceniscender.
- See the Three Sisters rock formation.
- Discover the delightful village of Leura - explore the antique shops and boutiques. Visit the famous Leura Lolly shop.
- Travel through the site of the 2000 Olympic Games.
*Rides at the Scenic World are optional and at your own expense.
Hunter Valley (Full Day) Departs DailyAustralia's Hunter Valley is world-renowned for its wines. It is also an incredibly beautiful place to visit for a day or two. Learn to appreciate different wines and grape varieties, or simply sit back and enjoy a delightful food and wine experience.
- Cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Stop at historic Wollombi for complimentary morning tea.
- Wine tasting at world famous Lindemans.
- Enjoy the quaint village of the Hunter Valley Gardens.
- Increase your knowledge of wine with an 'Introduction to Wine Appreciation' course.
- Learn about styles, techniques and how to enjoy them and blend your own wine.
- See how wine is actually made, from the grapevine to the bottle.
- Enjoy an array of tasty platters, offering you a range of individual dishes for lunch.
- Wine Appreciation Certificate
- Walking Tour of Vineyard
- Walking Tour of the Winery
- Tasting Platter Lunch and Wine (Tasting / Tutorial)
- Presentation of Certificate